PittMER is Pittsburgh Museum Educators Roundtable. An open group for museum educators interested in networking and learning from one another.
Founded in 2013, this group of museum educators meets throughout the year in the spirit of collaboration. Meet-ups are hosted at various museums and cultural institutions around the city and include tours, panel discussions, and more informal happy hour discussions. Topics may cover technology, evaluation, accessibility, programming, gallery teaching, and more. The group is designed for networking, partnering, and building a community of museum educators in Pittsburgh.
- Becky Gaugler, Independent Museum Educator
- Mariruth Leftwich, Heinz History Center
- Adam Hass, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Amanda Gillen, The Frick Art & Historical Center
- Wendy Brenneman, Carnegie Science Center
- Rebecca Grabman, Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh